The House of Fendi was established in Rome in 1922 mostly dedicated to Furs. It was with only when the 5 sisters of the owners took the business in hand that that Fendi began to change. The Fendi logo as we now know it was designed in 1965 by Karl Lagerfeld when he began to collaborate with the House. The Classic Canvas was launched in 1968 and at that time there was no code or or hologram or serial numbers. Gold-tone hardware, adjustable strap, no dust-bag.